Weight Loss

Friday, March 16, 2007

Is there such a thing as too many kids?

Well today was the last official day of March Break. The kids are back in school on Monday. Which will probably start with many moans and groans. But I will be happy. This has been a busy week at the house. We never went anywhere special or did anything cool, but the kids all enjoyed their break. Probably because my house has been constantly filled with kids. First Caitlin had her best friend over night Tuesday. While Chetasia had three friends over to visit. Then Caitlin had 4 friends overnight on Wednesday. Matthew then had a friend spend the night Thursday night. Now on Friday Chetasia has 3 friends spending the night. And all the while kids have been in and out of our door so much I think the hinges will fall off. Since Mike had to work all of March Break like normal, I was left to fend for myself amongst the endless trail of pre-teens and teenages. You can only imagine what a kitchen can look like after four 13 year olds decide to make pancakes at 9 o'clock at night. I look forward to Sunday night, sitting relaxing on the couch just waiting for Monday morning at 8:30am when the children are gone to school, the house is quiet, and I can go back to bed and gather up on the sleep that I lost this week. Cause if you don't know.....when kids spend the night, they never go to bed when they are supposed to. You are still yelling at them to be quiet and go to sleep at 2 and 3 in the morning. How many weeks till summer break? I may need a padded room by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya-especially when all those kids are beating a path between 2 houses-lol