Weight Loss

Monday, February 5, 2007

Tai Chi

Historically, T'ai Chi Ch'uan has been regarded as a martial art, but some call it a form of moving meditation. Chi is considered the energy that surrounds us all, and Tai Chi is the moving of this energy to better control it and focus on it. I was lucky enough to go to a Tai Chi workshop on Saturday. I found it wonderful, but it is definitely an exercise that takes practice. There are many different steps and forms remember. Which arm goes up with which leg etc. I can truly see the emotional strenght and healing that can come from Tai Chi. You are able to focus on yourself and get right into the movements. It seems Tai Chi is not for everyone. Kathie went with me to the workshop and didn't really like it. But she is looking forward to Yoga starting on Sunday. There is a Tai Chi class being offered up at the Senior's Centre here in Ridgetown every Friday morning at 10:00am. I think I am going to go up there this Friday and see how the class is. This looks like something that I would like to learn more off and perfect it. But I wonder, is it going to be too confusing for me to do Tai Chi and Yoga at the same time? We will just have to wait and see. On a different topic (but a happy one). I lost another 2 lbs last week. I was very happy this morning on weigh in day when I saw the scale go down. Lets hope next week is just as wonderful. Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean. Christopher Reeve

No comments: