Weight Loss

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Even though I am in remission with my lungs, my Sarcoidosis still reminds me that it is around and live and kicking. I am trying to become healthy again. Lose the weight that I have gained from all my medication. Stop the Diabetes dead in its track. But every day I am also having to fight the affects of this disease. We have been working out at the gym now going on 4weeks. It is great. But over the last week, my body has been telling me that it is not wanting to go. Walking on the treadmill, which I really enjoy, now is causing great pain in my ankles and up my legs. To the point of tears when I push myself. The weight training, which is starting to produce some nice muscles, is becoming harder and harder. But I thank Mike for motivating me to continue to go. I get frustrated watching him working out so well, burning loads of calories each time, and here I am feeling like I am stumbling my way at a back of a race. I am not giving up though, I still have a fair bit of weight to lose. But it does get depressing when I have to push myself harder each day I go. Wish me luck...... I frequently visit another blog, by a woman who is a mother and has Sarcoidosis. She is a writer, and seems to put down in words what I am always thinking or feeling. Her last blog topic was about being afraid. Afraid of all the aspects of the disease. For any of you who may be interested in ready this blog, the address is http://www.rs.4030.com The blog is called 'Chronic Town'. So if you are interested in how I am doing emotionally, this is a good read. It is like she is in my head sometimes, but just writes it down better than I could. Well tomorrow is another day at the gym, and I am going to make it a good one......!

1 comment:

Tired of "Drama Queen" said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I too am working on losing weight. Try Weight Watchers. It works. They are very supportive and their plan is awesome.