Weight Loss

Friday, June 8, 2007

My Busy Day

As most of you know, I have a hard time with getting out of the house, out into the real world. And don't even mention having to drive the truck. That puts me into a panic in a flash. Well, none the less, my hubby has a new shift these days. He is working from 7:30am to 8pm everyday. So guess who is left to do the dirty work. A scared, anxious person that hates the public. So today is payday. There are about 6 places that I have to go to today. And in Chatham (fairly big city) for goodness sakes. So I am up with the kids before school, and the whole thought of having to go to town sickens me. So what do I do. I go back to bed and stay there until 11am. Hoping that when I walk out of my bedroom, the plans have changed. But to no avail, I still have all the running around ahead of me. So I bravely get into the truck (which most of you know is a monster big truck) and do my stops here in Ridgetown. There is going to the doctor's office for a script, then to the bank, post office, and Mac's Milk for lottery. Then I realize that I forgot an important piece of paper at home that I need, so I drive back home. Then I go to Timmie's for a much needed coffee. By this time I am already stressed out and I haven't even left town yet. So I drive to Chatham, and try to map out which way I have to go through the town. First stop is the Car Dealership for a part. So all is going pretty good. I get in and out of there with no problem. Next stop is Bank of Montreal. So since I am still on Richmond Dr. There is a bank just up from the car dealership. So I have to wait and turn cross 4 lanes of traffic, and go and park at the bank. I sit in the truck for a few minutes trying to cheer myself on. "You are doing a great job, everything is going well" Now I go into the bank, and if is closed. I am in disbelief. But they closed this branch because I new branch opened in a different place. So out of the bank I go, back on to the busy street, and make my way to where the new branch is. I get to the bank and I am in and out fairly quick. So I am fairly pretty proud of myself by this time. I carry on my way now to Canadian Tire. Well this place always wigs me out for some reason. But I have to pick up something and the sale ends today, so I have no choice. Well of course they don't have what I am there for, so I get a rain check. Yay, I get to come back. I live Canadian Tire and get in the truck to cross the parking lot (where there are alot of people that don't know what they are doing) and go to Zellers. (another place that wigs me out) I glance at all the nice clothes that I want to buy but can't cause I only have money for what I am there for. Underwear, for everyone it seems. So I pick up 3 different packages of underwear and go to the till. And that total nearly floors me. $48, for 3 packages of underwear. I can't believe it, but it is true. So I pay for them, as I see my bank account getting smaller. I then have to cross town and go to a health food store. It is at this time that I realize I don't have my sun glasses. I look all over, and have to come to the sad realization that I have lost my clip on sun glasses. I droop my head in shame at my foolishness. I will have to deal with that another day. So I have to menover(sp?) this big truck into a small nearly full parking lot. I am not so good at parking.....I know you may have thought different but it is true. I can't back up to save my life. Some how I get into a spot and get in and out of the store. I am drained and sweaty and my hands are shaking, and I need to go home. So I drive myself to the Timmie's for another coffee to keep me alert, and I drive up over the curb, monster trucking, which startles me. I am now finished with my work in Chatham. I get to drive home now. But once I get to Ridgetown I have one more stop left at our mechanics. I go in and get our transmission oil and go to pay with debit and guess what. For some reason the machine is not working right now. Weird, it was working a few minutes ago. So I hop back in the truck and drive up town to the bank again, and get some money. Come back to the mechanics and pay my bill. I am now free to go home. I get into our drive way, and stay there for 5 minutes, destressing myself. My busy day is over. And I made it through. But I am not looking forward to the next time, but maybe I will be a little more at ease.

No comments: