Weight Loss

Sunday, May 20, 2007

May 24

Well it is Sunday night of the first long weekend of the summer season. I should outside sitting by a fire pit enjoying a fancy alcoholic beverage. But that is what I would be doing 15 years ago. Now I am enjoying the warmth of the house, the hot coffee, and cuddle time on the couch. My kids are enjoying a weekend with both Mom and Dad around, even though they have no idea who Queen Victoria was. I was brought back to my memories last night though. As I enjoyed that fire pit. But not with a drink in my hand, but with a marshmellow browning waiting for the eager kid to take it off the wire. You could hear squeals of joy and see children running around enjoying the fresh air. This is what my long weekends look like now. Filled with young ones making the most of the spring weather. I am thankful that my Sarcoidosis has taken a back seat and allowed me to sit out in the night air enjoying adult conversations. Though I was some what stiff this morning, it was all worth it. Gone are the days of fuzzy heads and hungover mornings. Now is the time for family life and adulthood. Do I miss those days of younger. Not for a minute. Who needs to wake up with a headache and not remember the night before, only to do it again the next night to make the most out of the long weekend. Not me.....I will go to sleep tonight warm snuggled in my bed, thinking of all the kids wet and cold in their tents. One day soon that will be my children, and they will make many memories for themselves.

No comments: